Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Better than thou arts"...You suck for being you

You ever have a conversation with someone about trivial, everyday things...like say...what kind of beer you drink. Me personally, I don’t give a shit, if its beer, I’ll drink it. Granted there are some beers I like more than others, and some beers, amazingly, that I don’t like at all. But I will not, under any circumstance tell you that you should or shouldn’t like a certain beer. In fact when you tell me that the beer that I’m drinking is "fucking sick" and make a puking type noise in combination with this remark...I lose respect for you. Who gives a shit what kind of beer I’m drinking, and the people...the "better than thou arts" that typically make this argument are usually the people that drink the shitty swill beer that all tastes the same anyway. Like if someone that had a Newcastle in their hand and asked me with a disgusted look why the hell I would be drinking, say, a bud light, I might pause...I’ll still think that guy is a douche bag...but ill pause to consider the fact that he indeed is drinking a better beer. But the people more often than not that bring up this type shit are the people that are simply drinking the competition. A commonplace scenario would go something like


"OH, GAHH, SHIT...PUKE...what the fuck are you drinking?" While spitting and contorting their face in absolute disgust
response "Miller light"
"Oh my god, so fucking sick, soooo fucking siiick"
"Well...what are you drinking?"
"COORS LIGHT...OF COURSE"
Fuck you...just shut the fuck up and drink your everyday, run of the mill, shitty beer...and enjoy it...and let me enjoy mine (side note...I enjoy both Coors and Miller lite)
You know people like this? Am I wrong here? I can’t be the only one whose ass this type of situation chaps, can I?

2 comments:

  1. Haha Yeah I have a roomate just like this....except he will only drink PBR or some random microbrew that he stubbles upon.
    -SL-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree..who care what kind of beer? It all tastes like beer but, everyone does have some sort of personal preference... and thats legit

    ReplyDelete